Monday, June 18, 2012

Get Silly With Poetry

Early Bird
Oh, if you're a bird, be an early bird
And catch the worm for your breakfast plate. 
If you're a bird, be an early bird-
But if you're a worm, sleep late.
-Shel Silverstein

On Tuesday, May 19 we will:
Name
I am (3 describing words)
I like (describe what you like)
I worry (list worry's, concerns or fears)
I hope/dream/wish (list hopes here)
Name

Kourtney LaFavre
I am kind, patient, and creative.
I like reading, playing, cooking, and exploring.
I worry that people are not as kind as they should be.
I wish for people to make the world a better place through kindness, 
starting with themselves and their families.
Kourtney LaFavre 
  • Children will decorate their poems.
  • Free play while Miss Kourtney laminates our wonderful new poetry!

Quick Links for home:
Explore poetry at home with your children. There are many wonderful children's poetry books out there, check out your local library or book store. We treasure our poetry collection at home and have many of our favorites memorized. We spontaneously recite poetry throughout the day in our home! Have fun, let loose, be silly, and have fun with words! 
My mother says it’s childish and
my father says it’s dumb—
whenever they discover that
I’m sucking on my thumb.

It’s such a silly thing to do,
as everybody knows.
So now instead of sucking it
I stick it in my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment